Sunday, November 4, 2012

Yarn Shop in the Finger Lakes!

I was on Seneca Lake this weekend doing a wine tour when I stumbled upon this place:
It was one of those "YARN SHOP! STOP THE CAR!!!!" moments. And I was not disappointed. The owner was friendly and helpful and they had a great selection. I was sorely tempted by all the Schaefer Yarns they had in stock. The yarn is produced in the Finger Lakes region, so if you're interested in sourcing your yarns locally and supporting local dyers, they're a great place to start. You know, after KnitCore. :P Besides the beautiful colourways and gorgeous yarns, I love that the colours are all named after Memorable Women. Each skein has a little bio that tells you about that woman. What a great concept! I forwent the yarns, though, and bought some local roving in a pretty autumnal colourway that I can't wait to spin. It's a blend of a couple different sheep wools, so it'll be fun to see how it turns out.
Best of all was the rescued momma kitty and her 5 babies. 2 were her own and 3 were further rescues that she is taking care of. They're all living in the back of the shop where they are being adored by owners and patrons alike awaiting homes of their very own. I was too busy cuddling the kittens and petting the proud momma to get pictures, but trust me, they were adorable! If you're looking to adopt... So, add Finger Lakes Fibers in Watkins Glen to your list if you're ever in the area. It's worth the trip and a nice break from all the Rieslings! Happy Crafting! Sereknitty

No comments:

Post a Comment