Saturday, July 2, 2011

Catching up

Wow, it's been a while! We've been so busy this spring/summer. But here's what's going on with me:

My Coldsheeping totals for June are:

Total Yardage in my stash: 28150.08
Total yards used in 2011: 8992.08
Total yards used in June: 780.06

Not too shabby, but a slow month compared to what I've been doing. But, that's ok, because I have some larger projects on my needles that will be done next month, and I'm always churning out a few small projects.

Plus, I'm really trying to work on finishing up some UFO (unfinished objects) so I've instituted FINISH FRIDAYS (I didn't coin the term) where I work on a UFO for an hour on Friday to try to get it done and off the needles. I can do more than an hour, of course, but squeezing in an hour when I have deadlines looming can be tough. So, this past Friday I picked up my Jaywalkers, or Sreklawyaj, as I like to call them, as I'm knitting them toe up. :)

Here is the picture before I started. The rubber ducky marks my starting point.

I popped in a DVD, knit away and when I was done, it looked like this:
Not too shabby for one episode of "Wonderfalls". Tune back in next week when I'll try to get even further!

Besides working on UFOs and some larger projects I haven't finished yet, I did manage to finish a few things in June. First, a pair of ankle socks (because I am addicted to ankle socks!)

A second Whisper Cardigan that I knit out of a worsted weight, hand dyed cotton boucle that I am calling my ROAR! Cardigan (for obvious reasons)


And this adorable toy. It starts as a squirrel:

And flips into a hedgehog!



I know I shouldn't have favourites, but isn't that hedgehog CUTE?

Oh, and I also spun up a small skein of some llama fibre I got at Rhinebeck last year. I'm going to dye it and then knit it into something for myself:


It's the first fingering weight I've been able to spin so I'm quite proud of it!

And that's what I've been up to recently. What have you been knitting?

No comments:

Post a Comment